Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Get your learn on

Hey, Party People.
The store is now up and running (or at least walking briskly).
All items are hand-picked by yours truly and have met my rigorous quality standards (which include, but are not limited to, Will it work on the street?, Can I learn it in a reasonable amount of time and effort?, and/or Will I look great doing it [mainly for the Wushu flips and such]?). As a result, it's not a very big store - but that means less sifting through useless crap on your part and cutting straight to the good stuff. Also, there's movies - suite!
While I recommend everything, I have to give a special shout out to something you might otherwise overlook, A Glossary of the Construction, Decoration and Use of Arms and Armor: in All Countries and in All Times. It's a great book full of information and pictures of interesting weapons from throughout the world and time (not so much guns, though - see previous post). It's one of those books where you pick it up and suddenly it's dark out and you've lost three hours of your life. If you have even the slightest interest in weaponry, add it to your collection. Or coffee table - makes an excellent conversation piece, whatever that means.

Is anyone else shamelessly excited about G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra? Because I know I am.

Stay Super.